Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

The early bird gets the worm?  Well it is not anything you all don't already know, but Kaylin is not an early riser.  She reminded us of this last Friday when Allen and I had dentist appointments at 7:40 in the morning and we woke her at 7:15 to get ready.  She cried the entire time we changed her and put her clothes on, only to be half asleep in the car with a look on her face like 'Why on earth did you all wake me up, and where are we going?' 

When she was just a few months old she would fall asleep around 5 or 6 pm and wake up around 7,8 or 9am.  It just depended how many times we were up to eat during the night. (:  Last night she went to sleep around 9 and is still sleeping!! (It's 7:35am here)  A few moments ago, I heard her precious whimper and went in to check on her, sure enough she had 'woke' for another snack.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love her.  She is so sweet and perfect.  I love hearing her toss and turn in the middle of the night when she gets hungry and I love hearing her sweet sounds when she is nursing.  She has the sweetest little cheeks and the softest skin.  I'm so so so happy that breastfeeding has gone as well as it has for us.  When I was younger and thinking about having kids one day, I often wondered how nursing would go, and if I would have any issues, and what I would do if I did...  I'm very thankful that we have had no big issues to speak of, and it has been 6 months of complete bliss. 

No she does not sleep through the night.... and I'm not expecting her too for quite some time.  So I wish people would quit asking!  She still wakes every 3 hours or so at night to eat.  A few nights ago, I'm pretty sure she only woke up 2x to eat!  It was quite amazing, and weird!  I say 'I'm pretty sure' because since she sleeps in bed with us, I am not fully awake when she nursing each time.  I woke up that morning thinking, is she okay?  But she was, she was just catching up on her sleep, after 3 intense days of nursing and working on her 6 month growth spurt.  (: 

I love just watching her sleep, she always looks so peaceful, with not a care in the world, here is my Sleeping Beauty, Kaylin Avery.

1 comment:

  1. LAURA & ALLEN, This pic brings tears to my eyes, the same way the first one you sent me did! She is truely an Angel from God!
    Love, Aunt Jenna

    ReplyDelete