Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Through a Lens

As the weeks have gone on, Allen and I have had our ups and downs.  We know where Hailey is, and we praise God for his loving embrace, but we still long very much so for her to be here in our arms.

Her service was beautiful, went just as we wanted.  The weather was amazing, her flowers were PERFECT, and everyone we loved was able to spend that time with us and her.  She was celebrated just as we wanted!  Thank you to everyone who was involved and who came!  We will forever cherish it.

It's amazing what has begun to pop out to me during the days since her birth.  I'm not sure yet if I am just looking for these signs or if they're just God's way of saying, she and I are still here with you all.  (I wrote quite a few down in a notebook, but I cannot find that at this moment! My forgetful brain!)

I've also had many moments where I just had to stop and laugh, thinking back to the thoughts in my head while I was pregnant with Hailey.  From very early on, I had dreams we'd lose her, and I never could shake that thought.  The dreams stopped during the first trimester, but were only followed by my beginning to bleed, and the roller coaster we jumped on after that point.  When I pictured things for Hailey, I always saw them in purple.  Which is weird for me because I am very much a pink girl!  This idea of Hailey and purple seemed to go hand and hand.  The color purple, as you know is a royal color, and is typically shown with Jesus and kings....I now wonder if it wasn't God's subtle way, along with others, of saying she won't stay long, she's fit to be an Angel.

We recently were able to get a preview of the amazing pictures, Andrea Pinon, took for us. The way she is able to capture the moment through her lens blows me away.  This women truly has a gift.  She was able to take the most beautiful pictures of Hailey's earthly journey and document it so wonderfully.  When I look at these pictures, I am taken back to that place in time.  Hailey's pregnancy, birth and memorial.  Time stands still, she is with me.  To Andrea, we will be forever grateful of your time, talent and the love you have shown for us.





No comments:

Post a Comment